Google Penguin Update Time for Smarter SEO
Have you asked yourself if it was the end of SEO after the latest Google update called Penguin Update? Have you lost your last hope to make your small business site visible on SERPs for your main keywords? If you have, you should know that now it’s maybe one of the most favorable moments to reset / revise / start the high quality link popularity campaign which can tip the scales in your favor.
If something from the quoted below can be applied to you, you will be interested in reading this article to the end:
- you received the warning email from Google Search Quality Team in the late March or in the early April 2012
- your site rankings dropped just after April 19 or 20, 2012
- your site rankings dropped just after April 24, 2012
- you were scared by the clutter over Google Penguin Update on Google
Let’s see what happened in fact!
In the late March 2012 Google declared the war to link exchange blog networks. One of its signs was the warning notification form Google sent to the site owners and claiming that their sites were involved in link exchange schemes. The point was that Google couldn’t be sure in what was stated in the warning. So, if you have received such a notification, our advice is just to stop buying link for 2-3 weeks and not to remove the existing backlinks since it will signalize to Google that it was right in its suspicions. As well, we do suggest your having a look at the set of tips we give in this email to those who have really faced the complications caused by Google Penguin Update.
On April 19, 2012 Google launched its Panda 3.5 Update. It was meant to target low quality content and attempts to sculpture the PR by changing the site design. So, if you faced the rankings drop just after April 19 or 20, please be informed that it has noting to do with your links but it’s rather caused by poor content. The only way out here is to get rid of duplicated content and of siloing elements in your site architecture. Besides, you can also improve your situation by adding the site map. It will help Google to index your site webpages more quickly. And finally, you should not forget about regular content renewal. It influences the frequency of Google spider visits to your site.
And here we come! On April 24, 2012 Google announced Penguin Update being launched. This one aimed at eliminating the spam on Google SERPs. In terms of link building it meant that the definition of the spammy link acquisition changed considerably. Since now high quality links from high PR pages have taken the definitive lead over the ones from so-called link farms. At the same time, they do not guarantee your rankings increase without following Google rules of natural link acquisition.
Please find below the set of tips which can help you to avoid the sanctions previewed by Google Penguin Update, or to get recovered, if these sanctions have already been applied to your site rankings:
1. Diversify your backlink profile. You need all kinds of links: dofollow, nofollow, relevant, irrelevant, on low PR and on high PR webpages.
2. Revise your backlink profile. We don’t usually suggest your removing the links. However, if you find out that some link comes from a link farm (the webpage with more than 200 outbound links) or broken links, you have to remove it.
3. If you find yourself to be penalized by mistake, you have to inform Google about this by using the form at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ
4. You should pay more attention to the velocity of your link building campaign. Please be noticed that Google doesn’t like when a large number of links are built within a short period of time. It doesn’t seem natural.
5. You should build links for different keywords. It doesn’t seem natural as well, if all the links are build for the same keyword of for 2 keywords. The huge number of specific anchor text links built for one or two keywords can trigger an abrupt drop of your position on SERPs.
And at the same time, if you manage to run your link building campaign sticking to these new Google Penguin Update rules, your site rankings will meet your expectations. More of it, we are sure that your link building campaigns will take longer than usual, but on the other hand, the results you’ll get will last for longer as well. That’s exactly why we do consider this time to be the best one for you to start the link building campaign.