Best Free Link Building Tools in 2019
The best link building tools for SEO
Are you looking for a way to improve your website’s SEO? Using backlinks is an excellent way to rank higher in search engine results and influence external backlinks coming from other sites. You can simplify the process by using a trusted backlink search and building tool.
Creating a backlinks profile been never easier than with an automated tool.
Free Backlink Building Tools
- Brand building through social networks.
- Reaching new audience.
- Getting free and exclusive content, free targeted traffics, new fresh perspectives (for site/blog owners).
- Earning additional links.
Free Broken Link Checker Tool
To build your business and stay ahead of the competition, it is imperative that you rely on the best broken link checker online. Otherwise, you take a significant risk of compromising your SEO efforts, reducing your credibility, and impacting conversions. Instead of wasting valuable time randomly searching, all you need is a free tool to find broken links.
With a free service to test your site for broken links, you can quickly find issues negatively affecting your content, images, and more. The right website broken link checker allows you to remain consistent and relevant. The last thing you want is for a potential or existing customer to struggle when trying to reach your website or an internal page due to a broken link.
Links are a critical aspect of achieving online success. Using a free tool or specialized software to find broken links, you avoid becoming yet another casualty. Protect your business by providing visitors with a seamless process. The best free broken link checker will keep you in control and traffic flowing.
LinkChecker is a GPL-licensed website validator that searches for broken links. One of the benefits is that you can use this tool at no cost. It also searches for broken links on both web documents and full websites. The only downfalls are the link checking restriction with regular URL expression fillers and there is no support for Python 3. However, it supports Python 2 and 2.7.2 and later systems.
LinkChecker, being one of the best free link building tools, offers a host of features that help streamline the search process.
- Multithreaded and recursive checking, as well as site crawling
- Supports cookies, proxies, HTML5, and local file links
- Normal and colored text output, CSV, HTML, SQL, and XML. For different formats, you can use a sitemap graph.
- Customizable page checks thanks to plugin support (available in CSS syntax checks, HTML, antivirus checks, etc.)
- HTTP, FTP, and Telnet username and password authorization
- Honors robots.txt exclusion protocol
- GUI and web/command line interfaces
Online Broken Link Checker
This free Online Broken Link Checker quickly finds problems. With good versus bad codes separated, fixing broken link issues requires little time and effort. The tool’s flexibility makes it a popular choice. While this tool limits the number of webpages scanned, this is only with the free version. For unlimited scanning, you can always upgrade.
Some of the more prominent features of the Online Broken Link Checker include:
- Runs on Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows
- 3,000 webpage scanning
- Validates URLs internally and externally
- Reports the correct error code for every bad URL identified
- Finds dead hyperlinks
- Spotlights exact locations of stagnant references within your HTML code
Broken Link Building
Whether you own a marketing agency or have an in-house team that works on finding and fixing links on your websites, this tool is valuable. For any nonfunctioning pages, including dead and broken links, the Broken Link Building solution will point the way. What makes this option unique is you can recreate pages that include the original content or pages with relevant content to others already in existence.
One of the primary benefits of this tool is that addition to using it for your company’s website, your team of experts can market other businesses, offering to find and fix broken links on their behalf. In no time, you can enhance your current business ventures or start an entirely new enterprise dealing with link building. You also can use the free version or choose from three different packages, all affordably priced.
Dead Link Checker
With the Dead Link Checker, you have two service options. The Multi-Check allows you to use the tool simultaneously on multiple sites. The Auto Check also scours many sites but on a consistent basis. Regardless of which one you prefer; the system emails the results to you without any prompting.
For individual and multiple websites, a lot of people depend on the Dead Link Checker. For this automated auto service, you can use the free version or choose from three cost-savings subscriptions instead of spending a significant amount of money on full SEO packages. A key benefit of the software is that there is nothing to download. This tool also highlights opportunities for broken link building.
As a testing tool, SortSite works by scanning an entire website, searching for various quality-related problems like broken links. Although a relatively simple solution, the results yielded are far more useful than a screenshot. The versatility of SortSite makes it an excellent choice. For different usability issues, such as browser code compatibility, SEO, and broken links, it is hard to beat. You can choose from four distinct packages.
Some of the specific problems this tool identifies include:
- CSS – Broken @import statements and missing background graphics
- HTML – Broken links and missing images
- Office – Broken links within the different Microsoft files (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- PDF – Broken links within PDF files
- Plus – Expired domains, faulty SSL certificates, and server configuration errors
- RSS – Broken RSS feeds
- Script Errors – Warnings and errors produced by ASP, ASPX, and PHP
Xenu Link Sleuth
For access to Xenu’s Link Sleuth, simply follow a three-step process – click on the “Start Now” button, download the system with no signup required, and then start using it. Checking for broken links on your website is one of the fundamental tasks of maintenance.
As part of the scanning process, Xenu’s Link Sleuth performs a test on every link, verifying a proper connection. One of the advantages of this broken link checker is that you can customize the analysis of the work performed using filters and a set of numbers with maximum simultaneous threads.
After checking your site, the tool kicks out a report in HTML. Using that information, you can then perform a variety of tasks, including looking at individual URLs and double-checking identified problems. For an automatic link checker, customized analysis, and generated HTML report, this tool works great.
The only negative aspect is the process generally takes a long time compared to other available options. However, while Xenu’s Link Sleuth goes to work grabbing landing pages, you can focus on other business matters.
Broken Link Checker by WP
Perhaps in a somewhat higher league is the Broken Link Checker by WordPress. As a trusted and respected source, WP will not disappoint. A quick download of this plugin starts the process of finding broken links on posts, articles, bookmarks, and any other site content.
Once the tool completes the parsing process, the plugin checks each link individually to confirm it works. Because the Broken Link Builder is so thorough, it can take some time to finish the work depending on the size of your website.
This broken link building tool offers several unique features. For one thing, any broken links appear in a new tab on the WP admin panel along with a notification in the “Broken Link Checker” widget located on the dashboard. However, you can close the widget and have the system automatically generate an email with any detected problematic links.
Broken Link Builder by WP also allows you to customize link filters, and you can perform several actions for each link by moving your mouse over the top. Some of these include:
- Dismiss – Hides the link from the “Broken Links” and “Redirects” views.
- Edit URL – Allows you to make changes to the URL of a specific link. Keep in mind if you have a link in multiple places, one edit changes them all.
- Not Broken – In this case, you can manually mark a broken link as actually working.
- Unlink – Removes the link without changing the text.
Unlike a lot of the other free link building tools, Broken Link Builder by WP supports 30 languages, including Arabic, Czech, German, Hindi, Italian, Russian, and Vietnamese. For link building, notifications, broken link displays, filtering options, and more, this tool is an outstanding choice.
Paid Link Building Tools
- Quick access to necessary basic metrics.
- Analysis of backlinks and their anchors, taking into account redirects, nofollow, dofollow, internal links.
- Analysis of the root domains that contain backlinks.
- Comparison of several sites by key metrics.
- Graphical representation of metrics.
- Showing domain and pages authority.
- Time economy on finding promoters of your content. Fast identifying of publishers and authors who link to your site. Contact information is given as well.
- Speeding up and focusing the content research by collecting, prioritizing and organizing of similar content.
- Identifying of linkbuilding opportunities to accelerate your promo campaign.
- Create a name of report.
- Define target phrases to find specific topics.
- Choose footprints template.
- Choose the number of results you want to collect.
- Create a list of content research.
- Boosting of SEs rankings.
- Brings profitable traffic.
- Saves your time.
- Credible search results.
- Simplification of key SEO tasks (generating thousands of keywords in minutes, measuring the competition level, writing SEO optimized website copy, etc.).
- Deeper options for long-tail keywords research.
- Identification of profitable market niches.
- Tracking of competitors.
- World-class support.
- Manage Link Prospects.
- Find Contact Info.
- Track Email & Twitter.
- Monitor Backlinks for outbound links, nofollows, anchor text and banner words.
- Split prospecting from outreach and delegate contacts.
- Track conversion rate and activities.
- Search for relative blogs. Using GroupHigh, you can construct list of bloggers, dividing them on content theme, location, etc.
- Collecting contact info for easy pitch optimizing.
- Relationship management. Keeping your blog up-to-date.
- Blog research automation. Fast providing with SEO, social, traffic, and contact info.
- Social media. Blog outreach prioritizing based on bloggers metrics.
- Productivity tools. Importing to top bloggers list.
- All pages, including subdomains.
- All pages of only the primary domain.
- Links that lead to the homepage only.
- “Anchors” tab shows link anchor.
- “Crawled pages” displays he most popular site pages.
- “Referring Domains” displays information about the domains that referred to you.
- “Positions” tab shows the visibility of a website by keywords in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
SEMRush, Google’s version of a link building tool, is another exceptional choice. This tool does a remarkable job with backlink checks and gaps. With the Backlinks Checker, you receive data on inbound links for any website. Included are the number of backlinks, those ranked as new versus lost, their specific types, the referring domains, and more. The Backlinks Gap gives you the opportunity to compare your profile of backlinks to that of your competitors.
The SEMRush broken link checker also has a unique Clean Up tool used to audit backlinks. With this, the system works to find anything compromising your SEO rankings, followed by disavowing them to prevent Google and other search engines from penalizing you.
There is also a unique Earn option for both Link Building and On-Page SEO Checker. With the Link Building tool, you receive a list of the most successful domains within your niche market, meaning it does a lot of work for you in helping you find viable sites for linking purposes. The On-Page SEO Checker creates more opportunities with building links based on the backlinks of your primary rivals.
The Track and Report aspect of SEMRush adds to the convenience of using this broken link building tool. It includes a Backlinks Checker, Brand Monitoring, and My Reports.
- Backlinks Checker – By comparing the backlink profile of your website against as many as six competitors, you gain tremendous insight into both strengths and weaknesses. This option is also helpful for researching new ideas. Staying on top of this is easy by scheduling regular reporting sessions.
- Brand Monitoring – The tool also finds resources that you mention with backlinks. Once discovered, it sorts them by the domain authority using the BM score, as well as the number of links that go to your site.
- My Reports – Instead of standardized reporting, you can use this feature to customize how you receive information. This feature also includes drag-and-drop widgets, each with critical backlink metrics. You can also export data to a PDF file and, if wanted, share the information with company executives, clients, or shareholders.
Some other webmaster tools for backlinks: which software to choose?
- Fast multi-operation.
- Highly customizable.
- Numerous addons.
- Outstanding value.
- Great support.
- Reliable functioning from 2009.
Tools for backlink quality check
- The URL Status Checker. A simple check of references: type in an existing URL list in the window – and it’s done.
- Regex Filtering Tool. A small filter tool for connecting backlinks with sites.
- Tiny. Some you need only one URL from one domain of hundreds you have. Free software selects the shortest link and deletes the rest.
- List Comparison Tool. It combines several lists, and can simultaneously process thousands lines of data.
- The Super Deduper. An analogue of the previous program that effectively removes duplicate links.
- The Contact Finder. Paid utility that finds from 20% to 80% of the contacts from links.
- The URL Opener. Adds a panel with a rich arsenal for determining the quality of links.
Outreach as a necessary tool for Link Building: the main principles
- E-mailing for finding the potential prospects. When outreaching, you must build not links, but lists of contacts to who you can contact. After you get target contacts, you should try to persuade interlocutor (by inbox dialogue, e-mailing or any other action) to put a link to your site or blog.
- Search for link prospect all the time and everywhere. You can use SERPs method, just navigating through search results, or study sites, thinking what you can offer them to get a link.
- Try to create offers that are not limited by audience and other factors. E.g., ask experts to take a survey.
- Write pitch templates. When creating a pitch template, highlight offer’s benefits to publisher and audience, flaunt your brand with understandable success metrics.
- Simplify your success metrics and prospect qualifiers.
- Try to contact as many sources as you can.
Buzz Bundle – tool to get social networks popularityIt’s a tool for social networks management with a great amount of platforms.
- More characters. Create characters with dozens of accounts in social networks. You can easily manage them all at once, whether it is a PR representative of your company, general manager, technical support worker, or even your aunt.
- More communities. Launch you promotional campaign on multiple social platforms, no missing a single opportunity to make your brand more popular. Manage all social profiles through one convenient program.
- More profiles. Create and develop new social profiles, or use existing ones. Boost the credibility of profiles and increase awareness of your brand and its reputation. Enjoy powerful and user-friendly management system in social media.
- More discussions. Build more noise around your brand. Maintain a positive feedback and challenge negative comments. Make your brand recognized on the Internet.
Growing Your Business
If you want to achieve success with an online business, you need to provide both potential and existing customers with a seamless experience. Running into slow-loading pages, broken links, missing graphics, and a host of other problems will turn people off quickly. Instead of trying to reach the intended page or even contact you for help, they will move on to your competition.
Any of these free link building tools will help you achieve your goal. Along with maintaining a professional and flawless website, you can use these tools to promote a link building business. Why struggle with links when you have everything you need at your fingertips?
ConclusionBoth paid and free backlinks tools for linkbuiding automation should be used wisely and without fanaticism. Google and other search engines are constantly evolving, and therefore released software rapidly loses its relevance. To be confident in the quality of your reference profile, the best is to trust to the LinksManagement professionals who already held numerous backlink building campaigns.
Enter URL & See What We Can Do Submit the form to get a detailed report, based on the comprehensive seo analysis.