Why Getting Indexed by Google is so Difficult
The indexing of sites by the search engine Google is becoming more complicated. This is due to the updating and complication of algorithms for indexing and ranking sites. Search engines around the world complicate indexing because of the emergence of more and more sites. Because of this, the competition is greatly increased.
Just 20 years ago, it took a couple of weeks to get on the first page of a Google search, using a few SEO-optimized texts on your site. Moreover, in the past, it was not necessary to write meaningful texts. Some site owners simply placed keywords, separated by commas, and got to the top. Now it is impossible. Search engines are actively working on indexing algorithms, complicating them. Therefore, it seems to many that it is a very complicated process. Let’s look into it.
What is Search Indexing
Page indexing is the process of collecting, checking, and entering information about the content of the site into the search engine database. This difficult and time-consuming work is done by special robots that analyze the entire site and, following established algorithms, collect information from pages. External and internal links, graphics, text content, and more are considered when indexed. If a resource passes the test, then it is entered into the index of a search engine. That is, users can find it on search queries.
All information about the pages of websites stored in a database of search engines The user, who turned to such a library through a search, first offered a catalog of sites with relevant information. Search engines rank resources according to their algorithms, considering their usefulness, subject, and other parameters. Familiarized with the brief information about the resource, the user clicks on the link in the output and goes to the landing page for further study.
Attempts to structure sites on the web were taken 30-35 years ago. At that time, search engine algorithms were just being developed. Therefore, the index resembled a subject index by keywords, which were discovered by robots on the tested pages. Accordingly, over-optimized and useless sites often made their way to the top of the list. Over the 20-30 years of its development, the algorithms of selection became more complex. Today robots look not only at whether the content falls into the subject but also at its quality, usefulness for people, accessibility of the site from different devices, download speed, and much more.
How The Indexing Process Works
Indexing pages in Google takes place in several stages:
- The search robot analyzes all the sites individually and finds a new page.
- The data on the new pages are analyzed to determine the quality of the content, its relevance to the topic, and the presence of key phrases.
- All the information collected is organized. The data is then processed, and the search engine assigns the information to specific topics.
- An index entry is formed, after which the page is successfully indexed.
This is the standard Google indexing process for search engines.
Technologies And Algorithms Of Indexing
The exact indexing algorithms are proprietary commercial information. Search engines carefully protect this data. Google’s main difference is the use of Mobile-first technology. It implies a priority scanning and indexing of the mobile version of the site. The mobile version is saved in the index. If your page when shown on mobile devices will not contain enough relevant information or key phrases, then it will be worse indexed.
There are two main ways of indexing:
Search engine robots find and check the created site or its new pages on their own.
Many experts consider this option to be the most beneficial. They believe that if search engines themselves want to bring the resource into the index, then it is popular. So, it is beneficial. Search engine robots determine the usefulness of pages on several criteria: the presence of active external links, traffic volume, and visitor engagement. If all conditions are met, the indexing of the site is faster, from 24 hours to a week. Otherwise, search engines may even “forget” about the new resource.
The user forcibly submits the site for indexing by filling out a form on the search engine service.
Created pages are placed in a queue and wait for visits from search engine robots. In this case, users themselves add the URL of the main page, and the bots bypass the entire resource, guided by the site map, menu, and internal links. To add a new site or pages to the index must use the Google Webmaster Tools. This option takes more time but does not require a financial outlay.
There are different search engine bots for crawling sites. For example, checking for new pages before they are added to the index makes the main robot, which checks all the content on the resource. New information on the indexed pages is checked by a fast robot by the update schedule. Bots are also used to scan the news feed, graphic content, and others.
Google’s Advanced Search Algorithms
The reason for the difficulty of indexing sites on Google is due to the algorithms that the search engine uses. Google adds new algorithms every few years. Google uses many algorithms at the same time.
They evaluate different criteria for the quality of content and site:
- Content uniqueness;
- Conformity of texts to the subject of the site;
- The presence of key phrases, their number, quality, and volume;
- The accuracy of metadata;
- The presence of content structure (headings and subheadings with keywords);
- SEO parameters of the content;
- Spam in local output;
- The structure of the site, the speed of page loading, the presence of images and graphics;
- Backlinks, low-quality advertising;
- The presence of an SSL certificate and much more.
In total, there are more than 10 Google algorithms that are active at the moment. Each of the algorithms targets one or more of the criteria from the list above. If a site does not meet the stated parameters for one of the criteria, it goes down in search engine rankings. All new pages and sites at the time of indexing are also evaluated by algorithms. Failure to meet any of the parameters slows down indexing and worsens the ranking.
You have no chance to get on the first page of search results if the algorithms find errors or inconsistencies in the parameters of the site. Therefore, it is necessary to strictly follow the rules of the algorithms to improve and speed up indexing.
Why It Is Important To Index New Pages And Sites
New sites or pages should be indexed as soon as possible after they are added or updated.
There are several reasons for this:
- Content plagiarism. The site that is indexed faster will be considered the source. Even if the content was created on another resource by other people.
- Improved traffic. The faster the resource goes through indexing, the faster it will get into search results.
- Position of the resource. To some extent (indirectly), the position of the portal in extradition also depends on the speed of indexing.
Therefore, SEO specialists and site owners are trying to quickly index pages in Google after they are created or updated. But, as you have already understood, it is not so easy because of complex algorithms.
How To Simplify And Speed Up Indexing In Google
There are several ways to speed up site indexing in Google:
- Registering for special services. You should register on the Google Search Console service. This will have a positive effect on indexing. There are also special panels for other search engines.
- Proper design Robots.txt. The above document should prescribe all the indexing rules.
- Create a map of the site. It should be done in the format Sitemap.xml. This document contains a list of pages to be indexed.
- Use the links. If the portal pages will be linked together, then indexing will go faster. Especially relevant at this point for young sites.
- Create high-quality content. At the same time, to create it should be fairly often. The constant appearance of new content will attract the attention of search bot, and from this indexation will accelerate.
- Place external links. Critical for the speed of indexing is the influence of external links. They are quickly checked by search bots. Experts advise link promotion should be carried out carefully and wisely, you should not buy backlinks from dubious portals. With the wrong approach, link building can only harm, and the site will lose its position. In this case, it is best to buy links from expert resources on the subject.
Particular attention should be paid to the quality of content. Unique content is half the success of indexing pages in Google. Your site should have unique texts with relevant keywords. Use keywords naturally. Texts should be interesting and understandable for readers. And it is also very important to stick to the right structure, add headings H1, H2, use lists.
You also need to be aware of some peculiarities of Google’s algorithms. For example, Sandbox and DomaineAge algorithms limit indexing for young domains. Officially, this algorithm is not confirmed by Google representatives, but still, many SEO specialists have noted that in the first six months, the domain receives less traffic than later.
It is not necessary to fight these algorithms. It is better to spend this time improving the content so that later you will get higher positions in extradition. You will also have time to check other site validation factors. Make sure that the speed of loading pages does not exceed the norm, and the pages are not too “heavy” with banners or banner ads. Difficulties with indexing arise for sites that have illegal content or advertisements for gambling, weapons, or other prohibited services or products. Make sure that you meet all the conditions.
In this case, your site will be indexed within a few weeks. This is the standard period for this process.
There are several errors in which google is not indexing my site. This is low-quality content on the pages of the site, lack of metadata, lack of SLL-certificate, blocked domain, or plagiarism. All these indexing problems can be solved and accelerate the indexation of the site in a search engine.
You can meet all the basic requirements of search engine algorithms. After that, you have to wait until the search engine robots themselves analyze the pages and index them. At this stage, there may also be different indexing issues. For example, the site may have to wait for their turn for more than 1-2 months. This is too long. In this case, the site owner must manually add the site to the queue for indexing via Google Webmaster Tools. The owner of any site may do this. This can speed up the ranking and indexing. However, before you do this, make sure that you have met all the key requirements for fast indexing. Otherwise, you will face the issue of Google not indexing my site.
Enter URL & See What We Can Do Submit the form to get a detailed report, based on the comprehensive seo analysis.